FOCB NEWS UPDATE
A Great Day for those who love our public Bay Beach. Come celebrate our vision for our community.
REPLACEMENT WELCOME SIGN A BIG HIT!
Just in time for the summer season, the welcome sign that greets visitors to Crystal Beach has been replaced with a beautiful new model. The original design elements have been retained while the new sign, made by MJ Sign Craft in Ridgeway, and mainly funded by the Friends of Crystal Beach with construction costs borne by the Crystal Beach Business Improvement Association is better able to withstand the elements that took a toll on its predecessor. Lots of activity in the Beach as it gets prepared to welcome the influx of summer visitors.
Starting on Victoria Day Weekend, Beach Charges will apply. See Below:
- Admission to the beach will be in effect from Victoria Day through Labour Day.
- Fort Erie Residents can purchase a season pass for $10.
- Non-residents and residents without a season pass can purchase a day pass for $5 per person.
- Children 10 and under are free.
- Local Residents can purchase a season pass from Town Hall during business hours.
- Local Residents must provide proof of residency, such as a driver’s license, tax bill, or a bill that shows your name and address.
- Local Residents may also buy a season pass for your spouse/partner as well as for your children over the age of 10.
- One season pass will be issued per person per season.
Pay Admission Hours
- 10 am – 4 pm on weekdays. and 9 am – 5 pm on weekends and holidays
- If you arrive before these times there will not be a charge. However, if you leave the beach and re-enter you will have to pay admission again or show your season pass.
- Paid parking is available at the municipal parking lot at Erie Road and Eastwood Avenue, between May 1 and September 30.
- The parking fee is $4.00 per hour, or a flat rate of $15 per car between 8 am and 9 pm.
- Additionally this year, 14 parking meters have been installed on streets surrounding the park (see map below). Parking will be enforced from Victoria Day through Labour Day, from 10 am to 6 pm. The rate of meter parking is $2 per hour or a flat fee of $10 for the day.
This plan for admission costs and parking is to ensure that some of the abuses and problems of last season will not be repeated. This plan will be appraised at the end of the season to see what worked or what needs to be improved on the plan. With the brand new park at Bay Beach soon to open, there is a new effort to keep the public beach area clean and family-friendly. Please e-mail or contact the Town with your opinions and concerns about the new rules and charges. (Better yet, come to a Friends of Crystal Beach meeting on the last Thursday of each month at the Crystal Ridge Library and express your opinions, suggestions, etc.)